This and That
November 10, 2006
Thanks for the comments on the Tapestry cardigan! I liked all the thoughts about fruit and icing sugar and yummyness, so I decided to call it Victoria - like the cake rather than the plum! All full of cream and jam and covered in icing sugar.
This post has lots of little things, because I've been studying and don't have anything much to show, so here we go:
1. I want to write up the pattern for Tapestry/Victoria, but for lots of sizes. I have great trouble knowing how arm size varies with chest size! Do you guys know any websites which might help or even mind telling me what your arm measures at the top compared to your chest size - I'd be very grateful. If no one tells me and my googling doesn't yield info I'll be stuck doing it in smallish sizes and no one wants that. I just want to do it properly.
2. Our rhubarb and raspberry liquor is coming along very nicely! It now looks like this:
Remember what it looked like at first?! People have asked me for the recipe and I can't remember it exactly, plus I wouldn't write out a recipe from a book anyway, but you just put fruit and sugar and vodka/gin in a big bottle and shake it for the first week or so and then leave it for at least a couple of months. That's it! At first it just smelled like raspberries but after a week the rhubarb really started to come through.....mmmmm
3. We got a fabbo set of cake tins:
And then we made chocolate and brazil nut cookies to put in the little one!
4. I bought some things - this wee book:
It has some very nice stuff in. And also a Kim Hargreaves kit!! But more on that when it arrives. Check out her accessories sale though!
5. I am making some things kind of secretly, but here's a swatch:
I got my mitts on some Golden Hands magazines and they have some really cool stitch patterns in them!
OK that's all, bye for now!
Posted by jen at November 10, 2006 12:50 PM
I know Sweater Design in Plain English has size charts with measurements in the back appendix. I love this book--so much useful info when making up your won patterns.
Posted by: Sil at November 10, 2006 07:05 PM
Holy crap, Kim is having a sale?!!?! [runs to purchase new hat kit after spending ages trying to find one to match clapotis scarf in town today].
Excellent cardi name btw :)
Posted by: Bryony at November 10, 2006 08:43 PM
Hello! I really like all your cool knitting projects! Just found you by googling for Bristol knitting blogs (I'm in Bristol too).
There's a Stitch and Bitch in Mr Wolfs tonight, I was thinking of going but am worried I'll be the only one who turns up! Do you fancy it?
Posted by: Johanna at November 12, 2006 01:21 PM
Note to self: Never visit Jenn's blog when you are hungry!
I want to eat the computer screen - All your baking looks so yummy!!!
I love your cardi, looks great on you!
I don't know how correct I am when designing sweaters, but I usually grade sleeve widths up in 1/2" increments, (flat measurements = half the circumfrence), does that make any sense?
Good luck with the pattern writing :o)
Posted by: Heather at November 13, 2006 12:19 AM